Saturday, November 13, 2010

Hey from Jupiter

Scott's been on my back about never writing in our blog. That old ball and chain.

So, Mucinex D has ruined my life. It cleared up my sinuses for eight hours (NOT 12, as promised), made me completely stoned for a busy Friday night at work, and now it's 4:41 in the morning and after lying in bed for five hours without being able to breathe or sleep, I've surrendered to Hot Pockets, 30 Rock, and writing all of this.

(On a related note, I am totally on Alec Baldwin's side. Kim Basinger is crazy.)

I really like my job. I like working hard and getting the instant gratification of cash. I like that people actually want me to come up and talk to them, as opposed to when I was a missionary or when I did door-to-door sales. I like watching the savings pile and pile. We have a goal of graduating debt-free. I like that I'll have a significant impact on us reaching that goal.

Someone asked the other day when Scott and I see each other. He goes to school full-time and I work full-time-- at different times of the day. But it's like even when we're apart I feel like Scott is with me. We text every remotely interesting thing that happens to us (for example, a car exploded in his school's parking lot. EXPLODED). The few precious hours late at night we have together to snack and watch TV make my heart melt. I know people who don't believe in marriage. Maybe they've never had a glimpse of this-- this is the good stuff in life.

On the show they're eating pizza. I want pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment